Surprise Attack Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
PC VR / PSVR
Blind is a narrative-driven psychological adventure for virtual reality where the player is blind and must explore their surroundings using echolocation.
A young woman wakes up in a strange room with little memory of how she came to be there and the shocking discovery that she has lost her sense of sight. Goaded by the sinister and twisted Warden, she must explore a perverse and frightening mansion using sound alone. By sending out soundwaves with a cane, the outlines of objects are briefly revealed, enabling the player to navigate the rooms, solve puzzles and uncover the mystery of what is happening to her.
As she gets closer and closer to the truth, however, she will be forced to confront her worst enemy--that which she does not, or will not, see.
Born out of the Global Game Jam in 2014, which had the theme of “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are”, the Blind team won the Best Game award at the Turin (Italy) jam site with their entry Come to See My House. The team then began work on a full game based on this initial concept.
Built from the ground up for virtual reality, Blind will be launching Q3 2018 on Oculus Rift and HTC Vive on PC, and PSVR on PlayStation 4.
Developer: Tiny Bull Studios is a five-person VR development team based in the unlikeliest of places: Turin, Italy.
Comprised of the four co-founders Matteo Lana (CEO, Lead Game Designer), Rocco Luigi Tartaglia (CTO, Lead Programmer), Arianna Ciardi (Art Director) and Simone Grosso (Game Designer), and additional hire Paolo Armao (Sound Designer), the team are obsessed with telling interesting stories in VR that engage players in new ways.
Put together on a project at the University of Turin, while studying for their Master’s Degree in Virtual Reality and Multimedia, Matteo and Rocco quickly became inseparable, and after graduating in 2011, worked freelance for the next two years to raise enough money to start their own company.
Inspired by the likes of Lucasarts adventure games, Alan Wake, Telltale Games, Bioshock and The Metal Gear saga, Blind is the studio’s first full scale game and began development in 2015. The idea was born during the 2014 Global Game Jam where the concept/prototype won Best Game in the Global Game Jam competition in Turin.
- Navigate using echolocation: Learn to navigate carefully and cautiously using your cane. Send out soundwaves to briefly reveal your surroundings before they fade into darkness. Gramophones and other objects that make sound become lighthouses in the all-encompassing blackness.
- Immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world: Built from the ground up for virtual reality and supporting binaural audio and motion control, Blind is a fully immersive and unique experience that removes you from the world you are used to, and forces you to rely on a different range of senses.
- What is it that you do not see?: Where are you? Who is the Warden? Why has he kidnapped you and why does he want you to solve the puzzles in this strange and yet somehow eerily familiar place? Experience a constant anxiety and emotional tension as you travel deeper into a mansion riddled with puzzles and dangers. As you search for answers, will you find things you’d rather not see?
Announce Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "This is a rather insignificant quote by a highly important person."
- Person Name, Website
- "An extremely positive quote from a rather insignificant person. Also great."
- Some Guy, This Page Is Visited By 12 Visitors A Month
- "I pretend to love this game even though I do not actually understand it."
- Pretentious Bastard, Artsy Page
- "HOLY SHIT SO AMAZING"
- Caps Guy, Angry Review
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Tiny Bull Studios
Follow the developer twitter.com.
Featured on Kotaku
Developer sees game announcement, realizes he is making the same game - Patrick Klepek kotaku.com.
About Surprise Attack Games
Surprise Attack Games is an independent games label based in Australia. It works with amazing creators to bring remarkable, weird and unique games to discerning players worldwide.
You may know them from the hacking game using real unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), the multiplayer split-screen shooter where everyone is invisible (Screencheat), or the dystopian steampunk mini-golf adventure game (Vertiginous Golf).
More information on Surprise Attack Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
CEO and Co-Founder, Lead Game Designer, Tiny Bull Studios
Rocco Luigi Tartaglia
CTO and Co-Founder, Lead Programmer, Tiny Bull Studios
Co-Founder, Game Designer, Tiny Bull Studios
Co-Founder, Art Director, Tiny Bull Studios
Sound Designer, Tiny Bull Studios
Managing Director, Surprise Attack Games
Marketing Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Production Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Business Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Finance Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Communications Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Director, Surprise Attack Games
Chairman, Surprise Attack Games