Surprise Attack Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
June 25, 2015
Fort Meow is a pillow fort physics-based puzzle adventure involving cats, destruction and a dusty old manor. Upon finding her grandfather’s journal in the attic, Nia is attacked by a barrage of feline assailants. It seems that her grandmother has become a crazy cat lady since last time she visited, so you will need to defend Nia by building a protective fort out of furniture to keep the cats at bay, while deciphering the mysterious tales hidden within the journal.
Upper Class Walrus - Developer: Upper Class Walrus is the creative outlet for Rhys Davies, independent game developer based in Adelaide, Australia. He started developing games as a hobby eleven years ago, and then decided to pursue it as his career. His first release was Take My Machete for iPhone and iPad, and now he’s creating something completely different with Fort Meow.
- Physics-based pillow fort building – build your own custom pillow fort out of household items to protect you from an onslaught of feline assailants as they tumble and claw their way through. Just be careful that your carefully constructed walls don’t tumble down with them.
- A Cat-alogue of items to build your fort – build and layer your forts with pillows, grandfather clocks, toasters and more. There are over twenty items to discover, each with a unique property that will help you build the ultimate fortress of protection from the oncoming cat-aclysm.
- Unravel the mystery – find out what brought so many cats to the attic, and what your grandfather was hiding in the pages of his journal. Something cat-astrophic could be afoot.
- Cats, Cats, Cats – orange tabbies, majestic chinchillas, dreaded black cats, they are all invading the house and causing mischief. Check out their watermelon stack hats!
Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "This is a rather insignificant quote by a highly important person."
- Person Name, Website
- "An extremely positive quote from a rather insignificant person. Also great."
- Some Guy, This Page Is Visited By 12 Visitors A Month
- "I pretend to love this game even though I do not actually understand it."
- Pretentious Bastard, Artsy Page
- "HOLY SHIT SO AMAZING"
- Caps Guy, Angry Review
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Available for free from somemusicsite.com.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at vlambeer.com.
About Surprise Attack Games
Surprise Attack Games is an independent games label based in Australia. It works with amazing creators to bring remarkable, weird and unique games to discerning players worldwide.
You may know them from the hacking game using real unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), the multiplayer split-screen shooter where everyone is invisible (Screencheat), or the dystopian steampunk mini-golf adventure game (Vertiginous Golf).
More information on Surprise Attack Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fort Meow Credits
Creative director, Upper Class Walrus
PR Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Community Manager, Surprise Attack Games