Surprise Attack Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
March 31, 2017
Join a small team of elite hackers pulling off a complex series of data heists in Hacknet Labyrinths, a major expansion for critically acclaimed terminal-based hacking simulator, Hacknet. Adding a new 3-4 hour chapter to the game, Hacknet Labyrinths sees you recruited by the mysterious Kaguya to join a small team of elite hackers on the hunt for powerful new tools and programs. But working with the best isn’t going to be easy. And as the series of heists increases in complexity and danger, you’re going to need to use everything at your team’s disposal to get in, get the job done, and get out without being caught. Featuring new tools--such as the Memory Analyzer, capable of performing memory forensics on RAM--new programs, new networks to explore, new UI themes, new secrets to uncover in the original game, and a full new soundtrack, Labyrinths delivers more of the gameplay you loved in Hacknet along with some surprising new twists.
Team Fractal Alligator - Developer: Named after the most mathematically horrifying animal, Team Fractal Alligator is a small development studio, founded by Matt Trobbiani, based in Adelaide, Australia. Matt has been designing and developing games for most of his life, starting out with GameMaker and Warcraft 3 custom maps, before moving on to find more flexibility in C# and custom engines. He specialises in designing immersive, mechanically interesting experiences. Released in 2015, Matt’s first commercial game, Hacknet, has sold in excess of 200,000 copies within its first year of sales, and is the winner of the AGDA’s Innovation Award 2014 and SimTect Asia’s Indie - Serious Game Showcase & Challenge 2015.
- A whole new chapter. Hacknet Labyrinths adds a thrilling new 3-4 hour chapter set within Hacknet’s main story arc. Play it as part of the original game, or as a new opportunity to delve back into your Hacknet experience and explore new secrets.
- New tools and programs. Obtain new, more complex hacking tools and programs to break into systems and networks. For example, perform memory forensics on RAM and uncover secrets with the Memory Analyzer.
- Work as a team. No longer hacking alone, you’ll be completing missions as a team, communicating through IRC and working towards joint goals.
- Daring and perilous data heists. Network systems are more complex, and it’s going to take a lot more than simply “kicking down the door” to complete the mission. Explore, adapt, survive!
- Killer new soundtrack. Hacknet Labyrinths comes with a killer new soundtrack full of Outrun-style music, featuring artists such as Remi Gallego (of brutal heavy metal/electronic act 'The Algorithm') and synthwave superstar 'OGRE'.
Hacknet Labyrinths Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Surprise Attack Games
Surprise Attack Games is an independent games label based in Australia. It works with amazing creators to bring remarkable, weird and unique games to discerning players worldwide.
You may know them from the hacking game using real unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), the multiplayer split-screen shooter where everyone is invisible (Screencheat), or the dystopian steampunk mini-golf adventure game (Vertiginous Golf).
More information on Surprise Attack Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hacknet Labyrinths Credits
Founder & Development, Team Fractal Alligator
Managing Director, Surprise Attack Games
Product Manager & Community Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Business Development Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Finance Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Communications Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Director, Surprise Attack Games
Chairman, Surprise Attack Games