Surprise Attack Games
Based in Melbourne, Australia
23 March, 2018 (Xbox One)
Based on a true story, Western Press is the most historically accurate frontier dueling game available for PC, Mac and Xbox One. Probably. Competing in tournaments of up to 16 players (or bots), duelists both online and off will face each other in rapid fire, 1v1 sprints to finally settle who can press a random string of ten buttons the fastest.
Under the name Bandit-1, developers Paul Godson and Walk With Kings released Western Press on Steam in 2016. An Xbox One version will release on March 23. Western Press is both parties' first game.
- No Time to Explain - Learning to play is incredibly simple: Buttons go top to bottom, do them fast. A duel takes seconds, and a 16 player tournament takes minutes. So just how good is your guest list’s controller knowledge, and just how fast are their reactions? Submit your answer in ten buttons or less. (Not less, you'll lose. Do ten.)
- As Easy as A, B, Square, Triangle - Custom settings allow you to control which buttons are used, so combos are as complicated as you’d like them to be: From directions only to the full gamut. Western Press features prompts for Xbox controllers, PlayStation controllers, keyboard and dance mats, and supports a large range of third party controllers.
- Online and Local Tournaments for Humans and Machines Alike - Hold custom tournaments for from two to 16 competitors with any mix of local players, online players and bots. The tournament system works out all the match-ups for you, so you get to just sit back and relax. Until it’s your turn. Then stop relaxing because it’s time for extreme and relentless stress.
- A Test of Character - Create a profile and play through the Skill Tester to earn your rank, while simultaneously unlocking some of Western Press’ wild bunch. You start with four playable characters, but you’ll have to earn the other 12 by playing the game. Is there anyone fast enough to unlock Wyatt Hurt?
- Stroll Down Memory Lane - Fancy yourself more intellect than athlete? Try Memory Mode, where players must memorise and repeat an ever increasing string of buttons. But make more mistakes than your opponent, and you eat lead.
- (Steam Only) Steam Workshop Support - Create custom characters and environments with your own animations, sounds and taunts. Then share them with the community via Steam Workshop, where they’ll be downloaded dynamically at the beginning of an online tournament! Create yourself, your friends, your favourite characters, celebrities, politicians, inanimate objects with faces, whatever!
Launch Trailer YouTube
Reveal Trailer YouTube
Xbox One Announce Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Western Press. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Follow Western Press On Twitter!
Updates, Mods and Taunts twitter.com.
Walk With Kings On Twitter
Follow the development progress of WWK's new project twitter.com.
About Surprise Attack Games
Surprise Attack Games is an independent games label based in Australia. It works with amazing creators to bring remarkable, weird and unique games to discerning players worldwide.
You may know them from the hacking game using real unix commands (Hacknet), the surveillance thriller series that puts you in the shoes of Big Brother (Orwell), the multiplayer split-screen shooter where everyone is invisible (Screencheat), or the dystopian steampunk mini-golf adventure game (Vertiginous Golf).
More information on Surprise Attack Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Western Press Credits
Managing Director, Surprise Attack Games
Marketing Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Producer, Surprise Attack Games
Business Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Finance Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Communications Manager, Surprise Attack Games
Director, Surprise Attack Games
Chairman, Surprise Attack Games